We may have been compensated through an experience or products from the links and companies mentioned in this post. Thank you for supporting my small business. Please see my disclaimer for more info.
50 Best Inspirational Quotes for Your Bullet Journal and Planner
Now that I am in my middle years, I have a little more time to invest in creative ways to spend my open hours. One of those creative endeavors is a bullet journal. If you haven’t used one before now, trust me when I tell you – you’ll love it! Bullet journaling is motivating and inspiring and helps me stay organized and track fun stuff from my everyday life (I know – I’m a grandma nerd)! I also love to use inspirational quotes bullet journal style!
I love to put a favorite quote or saying on each of my journal pages. I think of my bullet journal as a portable vision board. Writing out these motivational quotes is a great way for me to count my blessings and an effective way to keep a positive attitude! But I may be getting a little ahead of myself. Before we get to the best bullet journal quotes, let’s talk about a bullet journal. What is it, and how can you use one?
What is a Bullet Journal?
The bullet journal is any kind of notebook or journal that comes pre-printed with dots or squares on the page. These dots and squares help the user, aka YOU, create graphically-pleasing pages that contain doodles, drawings, artistic notes, and, of course, journaling! Who started this? Glad you asked!
According to Bulletjournal.com, the “Bullet Journal (or BuJo for short) was created by Ryder Carroll, a digital product designer and author living in Brooklyn, NY. Diagnosed with learning disabilities early in life, he was forced to figure out alternate ways to be focused and productive. Through years of trial and error, he developed a methodology that went far beyond simple organization. Now he focuses on helping others learn what the Bullet Journal method is truly about: the art of intentional living.”
I picked up a simple bullet journal at the beginning of our adventure through Covid-19. I began journaling some of my daily experiences, including wild animal sightings (we live in the country), what we ate each day and daily news stories. Using a bullet journal was one of the good things that came into my life from Covid.
The Bullet Journal to Feed Your Mind
My journal turned into a great place to feed my mind with positive thoughts and affirmations. I love big, bright, and colorful pages, so I treated myself to some fun and colorful pens to make my pages pop! My favorite page is this one with my “I am” statements.
Getting Started with Your BuJo
Many people are intimidated by the sight of a plain, empty page. But don’t let that stop you from tapping into your creative brain! A blank page is just a work of art waiting for your creative handiwork.
I sure do love that my bullet journal pages begin with small, checked squares or dots lined up in neat and tidy rows. This small design is part of where the BuJo gets its name. From the tiny bullet-like dots that help me get my brain organized and think about my page design.
The first thing I do is decide what my page will be all about. Here are some ideas for lists you can create on your page.
- About Me
- My bucket list
- Spending tracker page
- Reading List
- Positive Thoughts
- Birthday List
- Cute things the grandkids said
- Home Repair Tracker
- Daily Habit Tracker
- Self-care activities
The list of ideas is endless! The sky’s the limit when it comes to your pages. You can make some daily pages, some weekly spreads, and even some random lists. Have fun and go wild! Everyone’s pages will be unique and personal.
Choosing a Good Quote
I love to add good quotes to my pages. You may be asking, “what type of quote is a good quote?” The answer is simple. Any quote that makes you feel something is good stuff!
And there is no better place to find good quotes than the internet. You can follow my Pinterest boards LINK for some cute bullet journal quotes. You can also search for a simple quote online by entering the name of someone you admire in the search bar. Try “Maya Angelou Quote” or “Helen Keller quote,” for example.
For today, I’ve got 50 quotes to get you started. Any one of these quotes would make a great addition to your bullet journal pages.
Positive Thoughts for Daily Pages
Here are some great titles for your daily pages. Hand-lettering is fun and gives your pages a personal and fun touch! Give it a try to make your page pop! HERE is just one of many books devoted to the art of hand-lettering. And if you don’t have the confidence to start hand-lettering just yet, get your hands on one of these handy light boards and begin by tracing!
Here are a few excellent bullet journal quotes to get you started with pages where you track daily chores or goals and activities:
- You always have time for the things you put first.
- Some days, you just need to create your own sunshine.
- Every day is a new beginning.
- Be the light. – Matthew 5:14
- Dream big, stay focused, and make it happen!
- Beautiful girl, you were born to do great things, so believe in yourself.
- I am enough.
- Stop shrinking to fit places you’ve outgrown.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Do small things with great love.
Use the Right Quote for Your List Pages
One of my favorite ways to record daily life is by using list pages in my bullet journal. Use one of these inspirational quotes to keep yourself on track in your BuJo list pages.
- Dream one size too big.
- Creative minds are rarely tidy.
- To live will be an awfully big adventure. –Peter Pan
- Life is short. Let’s do this.
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value – Albert Einstein
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
- There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy.
- The creative adult is the child who survived.
- It’s not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. –Nelson Mandela
Powerful Quotes for Goal-Setting Pages
The bullet journal is a perfect way to keep track of goals you’ve set and how you’re doing in reaching those goals. You may be surprised at how quickly your day will turn around when you take the time to reflect on some of your favorite words of wisdom! An inspiring quote at the top of some of your bullet journal spreads might be the best way to turn your bad days into one of your greatest days!
- There is no such thing as ready. There is only now.
- Work hard & stay humble.
- A goal without a timeline is just a dream.
- Don’t count the days. Make the days count.
- Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
- If you aim for nothing, you’ll hit it every time.
- A goal should scare you a little, and excite you a lot.
- She believed that she could, so she did.
- Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change. – Jim Rohn
- Don’t let someone who gave up on her dreams talk you out of yours.
Perfect Quotes for Pages That Feed Your Self-Esteem
As I have reached middle age, I have understood how important it is to take care of your self-esteem. I deserve all the love and attention that I would give to my child or my best friend. We cannot expect others to feed our self-esteem constantly, so that task is left to handle ourselves.
Here is just a small sample of quotes that are great to remind you of your worth. For a list of other amazing positive and motivational quotes, check out 150+ Best Instagram Self Love Quotes and Self Love Captions For Your Selfies.
- Imperfection is a form of freedom.
- If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room.
- Mistakes are the greatest teachers.
- Surround yourself with people who you love being yourself with.
- Happiness is found when we stop comparing ourselves to other people.
- There will be haters & doubters, and there will be you, proving them wrong.
- What other people think of me is their choice. What I think of myself is my choice.
- Talk to yourself like you would someone you love. – -Brene Brown
- You are perfect exactly as you are. Period.
- I don’t have to be perfect. I just have to be me!
Inspirational Bullet Journal Quotes That Help Keep You Motivated
We can all use an extra boost of motivation, even on our best days! Use one of these inspiring quotes for your bullet journal pages. Even better – write them on your mirror, your fridge, post-it notes around the house and office, and your car visor! These little things have the power to help us reach our big goals!
Staying focused on your goals is much easier when surrounded by positive thoughts, so go ahead and surround yourself!
- Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.
- Great things take time.
- If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it.
- A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- I will not be stopped.
- Don’t wait for an opportunity. Create it.
- Don’t let the noise of other people’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. –Steve Jobs.
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars. – Mary Kay Ash
- Dream big. Start small. Act now.
Wrapping it Up
There is no end to the number of quotes you can use in your bullet journal. I like to keep a collection of quotes nearby, so I am always ready to add one to the top of one of my pages. I have put together many lists of quotes and captions that would all work very well for bullet journal pages. Check out these posts for some other unique lists!
- The Top 150+ Captions of Attitude for Your Social Media Posts
- 75 Inspirational and Funny Quotes About Traveling with Family
- 75 Promises of God: The Best Free Printable to Encourage You
- 50 Best Funny Birthday Poems and Rhymes for the Best Card!
- 75+ Best Beautiful Butterfly Captions and Quotes for Instagram
- 100 Best Quotes About Family Travel to Inspire You
- 100 of the Best Spring Captions and Tulip Quotes for Instagram
- 100 Best Podcasts for Women over 50, Seniors, and Other Adults
- The 200 Best Beautiful and Inspirational Good Morning Images with Quotes
- The 50 Best and Most Interesting Trivia and Facts About Independence Day and July
- 30 Inspiring Bible Verses for Women About Self-Worth and Inner Beauty
- 150+ Best Instagram Self-Love Quotes and Self-Love Captions For Your Selfies
- 50 Best Inspirational Quotes for Your Bullet Journal and Planner
- 163 Best Monday Good Morning Inspirational Quotes with Social Media Images
- Be Brave and Courageous – 100 Fun Ways to Say No
- 31 Best Daily Mindfulness Questions To Check in With Yourself