We may have been compensated through an experience or products from the links and companies mentioned in this post. Thank you for supporting my small business. Please see my disclaimer for more info.
50 Best Funny Birthday Poems and Rhymes for the Best Card!
Is it just me, or are greeting cards getting pricey? Yep! I’ve reached the age where I’d rather spend the extra $5-10 on the gift instead of adding a birthday card that will only get thrown away. I keep a list of short, funny birthday poems and sentiments on hand so I can use an inexpensive blank card or make my own when it comes time for gift giving!
I’ve also reached the age where I am thrilled to receive a hand-written card instead of a purchased card, so if you wish to send something to me for my birthday or any occasion, by all means, send a blank card with a hand-written note inside! I promise I’ll love that more!
The good news is I have put together a list of sentiments to share with you. Use these short poems and verses for friends, family, husbands, wives, family members, or anyone you need to send good wishes for a birthday celebration! They aren’t cheesy, they’re just plain fun!
For That Someone Who is Over the Hill
One of the best things about reaching that certain age is that you can appreciate the humor behind some good funny poems about age! Bring one of these to your next old fart birthday party, and you’ll get good laughs from your good friend!
- Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference!
- You’ve reached that age where you can boldly walk into any room and say… Why the heck did I come in here anyway?
- You’ve reached the age when happy hour means… a nap.
- I knew this gift would make you smile; it’s perfect for your many adventures,
Now you can take a bite out of life with a pair of brand-new dentures.
- You may look a little older; Sadly, youth doesn’t come cheap,
So skip all those Botox parties, And get your beauty sleep.
- Be glad you’re young at heart, And still, look as good as gold,
Too bad you’re not a millionaire, And can’t put your looks on hold.
- Your birthday is a joyous occasion; for family and friends, a special day,
A time to tell you how good you look, As we check you for signs of decay.
- Our loving, caring smiles tell no lies; our flattery has but a grain of truth,
When we say you look like a teen, We mean you’re losing your youth.
- Nobody gets out of here a beauty; that should be clear at your stage,
Deep down inside, you know it’s true; even the best faces sag with age.
Don’t Forget the Birthday Limerick for the Over the Hill!
Everyone loves funny birthday limericks. Go to town and use one of thee to tickle your friend’s funny bone on her next birthday!
- You’ve conquered the aging disease
That brings lesser (wo)men to their knees.
You’re a vigorous man
and you’ve proved you still can
Blow out candles with only one wheeze.
- Don’t you hate it when all your joints ache?
All those candles are crushing your cake?
It just leads to depression
So change your expression
And party on, for Pete’s sake!
- I am sorry to hear, Smiling Jill (or other rhyming name)
That your birthday’s no longer a thrill,
All your friends think you’re great,
You should still celebrate –
You’re not old; you’re just over the hill.
For Your Special Someone
Check out these short funny birthday poems for your dearest friend or the birthday boy. These best wishes work great for anyone on your list, from your younger sister to your one true friend or that funny guy at work! Enjoy!
- You’ve got style! You’ve got class! Plus, you’ve got a really cute…
Friend/wife/husband who sent you this card.
- Dear friend, let me say something on this special day
Though we are far apart, You’ll always be in my heart.
- Sister, you are a guardian angel in disguise. You are perceptive, intelligent, and wise,
Always helping me through good and bad. You are also the greatest friend I’ve ever had.
- You brighten up my life with tender love and care.
When I reach out, You’re always there.
- May you have:
Enough happiness to keep you sweet,
Enough trials to keep you strong,
Enough sorrow to keep you human,
Enough hope to keep you happy,
Enough failure to keep you humble,
Enough success to keep you eager,
Enough wealth to meet your needs,
Enough enthusiasm to look forward,
Enough friends to give you comfort,
Enough faith to banish depression,
Enough determination to make each day better than yesterday.”.
- You’re older than you used to be, but you’ll never be as old as me! Happy Birthday!
For The Best Friend With a Sense of Humor
If your best friend has a funny bone, and I hope she does, you can send one of these funny birthday messages on her special day. A beautiful friendship must come with laughter.
- A real friend will get your sense of humor. Enjoy these short poems and sentiments that are so much fun and perfect for a loyal friend!
- Happy birthday to my sweet friend, whose craziness will never end!
- I have known you for quite a while,
When you talk, you make me smile.
A special friend I will probably keep,
If you buy me a cool jeep.
- I was going to send you a birthday stripper.
But instead, I rubbed my butt on this card. Way cheaper. Happy birthday!
- Sugar and spice and everything nice – on your birthday, we wish you these twice! Happy birthday! Happy birthday!!
- Roses are red; poems should rhyme
Have some cheesy salsa dip, nacho birthday time!
- I tried to make you a birthday cake with frosting, candles, and flowers. But when I went to have a taste –I have no baking prowess.
- The frosting looked like curdled milk, but you are oh so smooth and charming.
You are beautiful as flowing silk, But the melting flowers looked alarming.
- Roses are red; violets are pleasant
You’re getting this card, instead of a present!
- Today is your birthday, and it’s just your luck. Another year older, but who gives a…
Card to you? Me, that’s who.
- Roses are red; you’re still looking fine
Let’s celebrate with a bottle of wine… or 3.
The Bestie Birthday Limerick
- On this day, we party each year!
And we come to drink all of your beer!
We will sing out of tune
Eat delicious cake and commune
When the drink’s gone, we’ll all disappear!
When the Card is the Birthday Gift
Let’s face it; we can’t always find (or afford) the perfect gift. So use one of these humorous birthday poems to offer some birthday cheer on your friend’s happy day!
- Forget about the past; you can’t change it. Forget about the future; you can’t predict it. Forget about the present; I didn’t get you one.
- It’s your birthday; I nearly forgot,
Searched online, bought you squat.
I hope you don’t turn all bitter,
Since you’ve never been a quitter.
And the No Gift Limerick
- I’m sure it will give you a lift
that I’ve shown such admirable thrift
in choosing a way
to remember your day
with this heart-warming message (no gift!)
Sweet Birthday Poems
If you’re not into funny birthday wishes, use one of these beautiful poems or verses for the next special occasion!
- Friends like you are precious and few. That’s why I’m lucky to have you!
- It’s your special day; I hope all your wishes come true.
And you get everything you ask for, all the whole day through!
- May this year bring you success and happiness in all you do
A very Happy Birthday is my wish for you!
- A wish for lots of birthday fun to last until the day is done.
Hoping that all your wishes come true, and your birthday cake is as sweet as you!
- The cake may have been bland and gross, but you are always sweet.
So, to the one I love the most, this poem will be your birthday treat.
- With all the love your heart can hold and the utter joy that birthdays bring
May you have a truly special day; You deserve the best of everything!
- Happy birthday my dear friend
Here’s a card to wish you well
It might just be a simple thing
But I think that you are swell.
Giggle a little and have some fun, Because it’s your birthday, hun!
Dance a little more today, Because tomorrow will be a new day,
A Few Birthday Quotes
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
- “From our birthday, until we die, / Is but the winking of an eye.” – William Butler Yeats
- ”The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
- “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.” – Robert Browning
- “You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore
Belated Birthday Wishes
- This special birthday wish may be late, and it may not make you very wise,
But it’s still good enough to send because it won’t strain your tired eyes.
- It may not be the best birthday wish, and it may not even be on time,
But I think it’s better than nothing, for no other reason than it rhymes.
And of course, the belated Birthday Limerick
- This year I have something to boast:
I remembered your birthday (almost).
This card may be late
But it’s close to the date.
Let’s pretend it got lost in the post.
- The Birthday Acrostic
H – is for the Happiest of all days
A – is for All the wishes and praise
P – is for the Presents you’ll open with delight
P – is for the Party that will last into the night
Y – is for the Year leading up to your day
B – is for the Balloons a celebration they’ll say
I – is for the Ice cream to have with your cake
R – is for the Ribbons and decorations you’ll make
T – is for the Theme you’ve decided to throw
H – is for the Hats made with confetti and a bow
D – is for the Day you know will be fun
A – is for Another great year that is done
Y – is for Your special day.
Wrapping It All Up
Now that you’ve seen all of these great ideas for birthday good wishes, you will be ready for the next special person and the next special day! Use a birthday verse on a gift tag or in a blank card to save a penny! You’ll look clever, too!
I want to know if you use greeting cards! Please tell me in the comments or share the favorite birthday card greeting that you love to use!
I would love to know how I can improve this blog for my readers. Would you be willing to fill out THIS ANONYMOUS SURVEY? I sure do appreciate your help!
Before you go, check out some of these related articles!
- The Top 150+ Captions of Attitude for Your Social Media Posts
- 75 Inspirational and Funny Quotes About Traveling with Family
- 75 Promises of God: The Best Free Printable to Encourage You
- 50 Best Funny Birthday Poems and Rhymes for the Best Card!
- 75+ Best Beautiful Butterfly Captions and Quotes for Instagram
- 100 Best Quotes About Family Travel to Inspire You
- 100 of the Best Spring Captions and Tulip Quotes for Instagram
- 100 Best Podcasts for Women over 50, Seniors, and Other Adults
- The 200 Best Beautiful and Inspirational Good Morning Images with Quotes
- The 50 Best and Most Interesting Trivia and Facts About Independence Day and July
- 30 Inspiring Bible Verses for Women About Self-Worth and Inner Beauty
- 150+ Best Instagram Self-Love Quotes and Self-Love Captions For Your Selfies
- 50 Best Inspirational Quotes for Your Bullet Journal and Planner
- 163 Best Monday Good Morning Inspirational Quotes with Social Media Images
- Be Brave and Courageous – 100 Fun Ways to Say No
- 31 Best Daily Mindfulness Questions To Check in With Yourself